|Rural Missouri is proud to welcome Missouri State Parks back as sponsor of the 6th annual Missouri Snapshots Photo Contest.|
The rules for this year's contest are as follows:
1. Photographs must have been taken at one of Missouri’s 88 state parks or historic sites. For a complete list of parks, visit www.mostateparks.com.
2. Photographs must depict activities that conform to Missouri State Parks rules and regulations. Photos depicting unauthorized activities will be disqualified.
3. The contest is for amateurs only. If you earn any income with your photography, please refrain from entering. Amateur photographers may enter up to five photos in a category but no more than 15 photos total for the contest. Do not enter the same photo in more than one category.
4. Photographs must be entered online (see below).
5. Entries must include information in all data fields. Omitting any of this information may result in disqualification.
6. Photos may be color or black and white. Those that have been digitally altered beyond basic editing and toning will not be accepted.
7. Photographers may win no more than one first-place prize. Winning images from previous year’s Missouri Snapshots photo contests are ineligible.
8. Employees of the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Missouri’s electric cooperatives and their immediate families are ineligible to win.
9. The deadline to enter is Oct. 31, 2016.
A first-, second- and third-place photograph will be selected in each category and published in the January 2017 issue of Rural Missouri. Entries will be judged on sharpness, composition, lighting, creativity and adherence to the category’s theme. This year's categories include:
1. Capture the Beauty – Missouri’s state parks are
blessed with an abundance of natural beauty: rolling
prairies, rugged mountains and scenic rivers.
Entries in this category should capture scenes worthy
2. Family Traditions – From camping adventures
and reunions to fi shing excursions and fl oat trips,
the parks provide a backdrop for family activities
spanning generations. Enter photos from the past
3. Discover the Past – From covered bridges and mills to the homes of famous Missourians, history is everywhere in Missouri’s state park system. Creatively photograph it, and you could be a winner.
4. Fun on the Water – Whether fi shing, kayaking, sailing or swimming, Missouri’s state parks provide lots of aquatic options. Take home the prize by capturing your day at the beach, riverbank or marina.
5. Hit the Trails – With nearly 1,000 miles of managed
trails, Missouri’s state parks offer a perfect
venue for your next hiking, biking, off-road
or equestrian adventure. Entries in this category
2722 E. McCarty Street
P.O. Box 1645 • Jefferson City, Mo. 65102